Friday, February 27, 2009

Hi, I'm Nocturnal, What's your name?

Yeah, I'm at it again, writing when I should be sleeping. On a day before work. Same old stuff.

Anyways though, I don't have much to tell you or anything. And btw, if you're ever in the Houston area, visit the Taco Cabana. It's fantastic.

Fantastic is a great word, but I'm afraid it is horribly underused. I wish my window had a kitty door so my cats could come in. But, I guess it would get humid in here. One of these days I'm going to write a long paper on why my political ideology is right. The only problem is, the people who need to read it either A. Can't read. B. They don't feel like it-- laziness.

If A. , then it isn't really their fault, it is the fault of the system for not enabling everybody in our country to read. Yes, that's right, there are actually people in the United States who can't read.
If B., the reason they don't feel like reading it is because they have been brought up in a way of intellectual laziness. I think the majority of the US is like this now. Because we are instantly gratified with anything and everything, it makes a lot of us lazy intellectually (as well as spiritually, but that's a whole other ball game). When you get lazy in this way, you start going by your passions and how you feel (How do you think a president got elected with the campaign of HOPE?).

People were lazy and just took that HOPE label as a guarrantee. The HOPE had one problem though. Hope for who? The Democratic party? That's exactly what I think has happened. The Democrats and liberals are giddy at the power of having power over the executive and legislative branches. I really fear for the country because of how many bills have been passed at such a short time. Anyone who has looked back on our history can see that we have had to compromise to make things work for everyone.

Do you even know what the Articles of Confederation were? Think of them as basically the Constitution, except during 1777. The US Constitution we know today was not used until the summer of 1788. You know why? Because brilliant men who really wanted best for the country were willing to compromise with others who did not have the same views in order to create something that would be long lasting.

As 'open minded' as our president is supposed to be, it made MY JAW DROP when I heard his cocky, arrogant, and condenscending speech about passing the stimulus. Basically, he might as well have said, " I don't care what you Republicans think. You know why? Because I have the power to do this, I'm not even going to listen to your arguments or comtemplate on how I can make this stimulus plan better. I'm perfect, why would I need to check the final draft?"

I've also heard democrat snots saying, "Why should you have a say in the economy when your policies messed it up?"

EXCUSE ME? President Bush didn't have the power the current president has. He never had control of the legislative branch. If he did, you would have seen the economy fare better because trickle down economics WORK, (as you would know if you have taken American History or were alive during the Reagan Presidency).

By now, I know I've probably lost anybody's attention. But that's all I have to say, and it's almost 2:30... I meant to go to sleep at like, 11. great

No comments:

Post a Comment