Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sleep... so how do you do that again?

So apparently I'm a moron and can not seem to make myself go to sleep at a halfway decent hour. Well, 1:41 isn't so bad, except I have to wake up at six, which makes it pretty bad. So, I got around to getting everything I live in (my car, my room) very clean and livable in. It's pretty much amazing. Next week I will begin midterms, which I have in every class except for chemistry, so I hope I can really focus and God blesses me with the ability to soak up everything I need to know. :)

But, be informed, I may not post very often in the next week.

So, I am going to be participating in an Easter play at my wonderful church Victory, so that should be fun. I am very secretly, (well I guess not anymore), hoping to be the angel!! haha My reason being that any play I have been in, I have always been an angel when there was one to play. If not an angel, maybe I can be a leper!!

Anyways, the idea of being an angel brings me back to the preschool days at Victory when we did the little Christmas play with Mary and the baby. And, EVERY YEAR they picked this girl to be Mary just because her name was Mary! I was always the angel. So, that's cool. Well, it wasn't then but now I'm glad I was the angel, because it's just enhanced my fine angel-acting skills. A while ago we were thinking about doing a Heaven's Gates and Hell's Flames production, and I signed up to be an actor for that, but we never ended up doing it! (Yes, I was secretly hoping for a coveted 'angel' position as well, though I would have settled for acting as a 'demon')

I guess I could have an acting resume. hmm Thinking back I have played as the mother of George M. Cohan, two angels in a nativity scene, in fifth grade I was an angel (who danced and sang<>), in another play I was just a regular human who sang about a treasure box?, and in another play I was an actress (haha), a couple of other plays where I just don't remember exactly what I was, and I've been in a choir for a couple of years. Too bad all of these occured under the age of 11, which is about the time when the cuteness leaves and you actually have to have talent. Oh snap! :)

Well I'm done aspiring to be an actress. Anyways, I kinda hope I actually do get a part in the production and that it doesn't end up being too consuming of my time.

I'm really going to have to kick it into high gear if I'm going to ace this semester. Which, I really need to because I do not want to have to wait to get into nursing school.

Enough on that. This economy is terrible! And our president is making it worse. Instead of helping the people that are going to be homeless and people who will struggle to feed their children, he just made a big 'pork barrel' so called 'stimulus'. PLEASE go look up just exactly what this 'stimulus' is going to be paying for too. Because, my idea of stimulating the economy does not include funding 'global warming' which has hurt our economy, sucked money out of us, and IS A HOAX. But that's all I'm going to waste precious blog space on talking about. As my facebook status says, I think it is JUST PLAIN SILLY that we devote billions of dollars to NASA and we give money away to other countries to help them ABORT THEIR BABIES, yet there are children starving to death in Africa.

There are way too many problems in this world for us to just ignore them the way we do. The other day I saw on TV they launched a 400 million dollar satellite up into the air to research global warming. It exploded.

400 million dollars exploded.

1,600 - nice middle class homes
14,000- fully loaded '09 Accords
80,000,000- taco bell meals
100,000,000- malaria pills

I don't know, you find things you think are important and find out how many of those 400,000,000 dollars could buy.

1 comment: