Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well now, ain't that lovely?

I am so tired and worn out and socially deprived. The one thing I miss about high school is getting to see and talk to friends every day. I talk to people at school and stuff, but it's just not the same as having people around who really know you and all. And, of course, it's hard to become close friends with people who don't live around here at all because of course the only time you will see each other is at school. I think the problem is none of my close friends commute to Southeastern with me. So, I don't know, I get really lonely now and it stinks. A lot. I think I must suck at socializing because I can just walk through the store or something and people look at me like I'm retarded or I have stupid written on my head. It really bothers me. But, it's all good I guess.

But anyways, school has been keeping me busy and stuff and although this semester is more challenging than last semester, I'm still doing well. I'm excited about getting to apply during the fall for nursing school and not having to stress over whether or not I'm going to get into nursing school.

And of course, once I get into nursing school I am going to have to study my butt off so I don't lose my scholarships, which would not be good. :)

God has been really good lately. He is always just there, and not only that, I am growing in him and words can't really describe the experience. All I can say is, I've got a long way to go in learning trust and faith but I am going somewhere.

I am trying to avoid getting fat, so I'm trying to eat healthier and stuff. Hopefully it will work.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like people are giving me the 'you're a retard' look as well. But maybe they are looking through you, rather than at you, you know? It's probably nothing.

    I mean, unless you have something on your face or whatever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for friends - we always have the weekends and such. Like this weekend = Twilight/maybe. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, it's fine if you want to 'avoid' getting fat. Just quit always saying that you 'are' fat...cause you are NOT! Just had to clear that up first. ; )
    Dealing witht the whole first part, I completely know what you mean. I never get to see any of my friends. The cool thing is, you find out who your true friends are. (I know that is so cliche, but it's true). We are at a time in our lives where everyone is moving and our groups of friends are getting smaller and more split up. It's just a major time where everyone is deciding what they want to do and making life changing decisions.
    I definitely know what you mean about feeling like you aren't good at socializing. I was just thinking about that in my class yesterday.
    Anyways, all that to say that I completely know how you feel. But don't get lonely. You have TONS of people who love you and enjoy spending time with you. It's just that a lot of them (like me) are in the same situation as you, so y'all don't get to see each other or hang out very much.
    People say that it only gets harder when you start working, but I do NOT agree with that at all. I see what they mean, but I totally disagree. When I go home from my job I won't be studying during ALL of my free time like I am now. So I look forward to that when I will get to hang out with my friends more often (well at least some, cause I don't at all now). It's just the great stage of life we are at right now...college=no life besides school.
    Okay, I don't know if any of this even made sense, lol. Sorry : )

    ReplyDelete