Monday, January 5, 2009

Reading and Writing but no Arithmetic

I am going to start school in a week and a half, and for once, I will not have any classes that are math. I do have chemistry, which has a lot of math in it, but no specific math courses. You have no idea how happy that makes me. After being afflicted by atrocities called Calculus and Alegebra II, life with no math seems like heaven! I am a little worried about the upcoming semester. Last semester I had a 17 hour schedule with a sixteen hour feel (one of my 3 hours classes was only 1 hour a week and one of my 1 hour classes was 2 hours a week). This semester I am going to have another 17 hour schedule, but it will feel more like 19 hours if you count the labs and such. But, I am going to be taking biology as an internet course. I guess this is kind of risky because if the teacher is bad I can't drop the course because this class is a prereq for a prereq for another prereq so I have to take the classes in sequence the next three semesters or I won't be able to get into nursing school. My lab professer isn't a good teacher and so that can be scary because I need a good GPA to get into nursing school.
Even though I have all these stresses I think it will be worth it. Even though nursing school is going to be extremely hard I think it is going to be right up my ally. It will be challenging but something that I've always wanted to do. I've really always wanted to be some time of surgical doctor (not an anesthesiologist but that's what my parents always pushed me for) but now that I'm older I really want a big family and to be a homemaker. So nursing, I think, is the next best thing. If I was a doctor I don't think I would ever be able to practice and if I did then I don't think I would ever be able to really have a family life. As a nurse, you only are required a four year college education, so I will hopefully be able to work for some time before beginning my family. Being able to help people get through the toughest times of the life definately interests me. I don't know what it is about me, but ever since my dad got cancer the first time, I've known for certain that I would end up in the medical field in some way. Now that I'm getting to the point where I'll actually be studying for it, I am really excited. Sometimes I am scared that one day I'll just freak out and start fainting at the sight or blood or throwup or poop or something and I'll have to switch careers. I've just been looking forward to this future so much I don't want anything to mess it up.
I think maybe the reason I haven't met a guy or anything that I feel strongly about is because of this. I think God wants me to wait to get married, because he knows me so much better than myself. I think if I got married in college, (like in 2 years or so I'm saying), I would get caught up in having a family and forget about ever doing nursing or how I want to help people through that. And even though I hate that, I think God is doing what is best for me.
By doing all of this through God's time and not trying to change it, I think I will have a reward beyond what I imagined. It must be true, because I believe God definately has a plan for me, and that excites me and makes me even more anxious to just get into nursing school and begin to learn.
I don't know. Now I think I'm just getting to the point as to where I'm rambling and sounding half crazy, so I think that's all I'm going to talk about that and see where God leads me. All I know is that God is really trying to make me learn to be patient and not get carried away with life. When I learn this, I think he will let everything start to fall into place. What a great, wise, awesome God I serve!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's crazy. Nic & I were just talking about that last night in a way...except pertaining to me. We both believe that God is trying to tell ME "to be patient and not get carried away with life" (like you said). I don't have to write the details why; I think you know what I'm talking about with my school situation, lol.
    Anyways, you are going to do AMAZING and nursing school isn't going to know what hit it. I really believe you have nothing to worry about. Not that it will be easy, but it will be extremely possible for you.
    I love that we are both going to be NURSES! How awesome is that?!?!? It really excites me (if you can't tell, haha). Hopefully we'll at least work in the same hospital
    : ) I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Glad to know you understood what I'm talking about and I know what you mean with your situation !! And yes, that would be amazing if we worked in the same hospital! I love you tooo!

    ReplyDelete