Saturday, January 3, 2009

I think this blog thing is going to keep me entertained for awhile. It's kinda fun, once I figure out what I'm going to write about. But, then again, I can always just write about my life, and, if it's too boring to write about, then I can write about someone else's life. Or my cat's life for that matter.
I'm going back to school on January the 14th, something that I don't look forward to that much. Hopefully my teachers won't be absolutely horrible, but there's nothing I can do about that but pray. But I will pray! :) I'm not too worried though, because I believe that God is in control and he won't give me a mountain I can't climb and everything happens for a reason. As cliche as all of that sounds, I believe those are some of the keys to having serenity.
But that wasn't what I was going to write about, so anyways.
School has always been something I've been 'good at', but I sometimes don't think of it as a blessing. When you are 'good' at something, it puts more pressure on you to do well at everything, even when it's something you don't care about. Although I am glad that I'm good at school, it aggravates me that people think I am just handed good grades and that I don't deserve anything I have. Or, because I bought a new car and have a new laptop, people think I don't deserve that. That seriously drives me crazy. Of course I don't deserve these things, but I deserve them every bit as much as any other person. So, on that note, don't make assumptions about people, especially things like that. It's annoying.
And, because I don't want my blog to be one long rant about everything that I hate and everything that nobody wants to hear about, I guess I'll balance that out with something happy to make this thing a little more neutral. :)
Have you ever felt an overwhelming love for other people? I think it is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world. The only problem with the feeling is figuring out just how to express it. If you're happy with your mom or dad, you give them a hug or buy them a little gift. So, how can you express your love for others? I don't know. I would assume that you would just live like Christ and be patient and loving and all that jazz. But shouldn't there be something more? I believe that, being a Christian, others should be able to see you are a Christian simply by being around you about an hour or so. It's an interesting thought to think of how many lives we could effect if every person who was a Christian acted. And, I want to act! I want to show the world God's love. I want to travel to a foreign country and use my time, my money, my heart, my body, and my soul to bring others to Christ, or even to show Christ to them, so that I could maybe plant a seed in their heart.
I want to plant seeds all around me, and I pray that I become more like Christ in every way so that he can be seen through me! I think having an enduring forbearance (if that makes any sense) will definately cause me to see past people's faults (which I should because I have plenty of my own) and enable me to help them.... and through that, they will consequently help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment