Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cause He'll Be By My Side

Today was a pretty easy day. I was planning on going get my books for school but I didn't because I stayed up until about four thirty, (actually almost five), and so I knew I was going to sleep really late. Besides, I can just get my books on the first day of classes. Instead, Tiffany came over and we went and ate at Sonny's BBQ and caught up, then we came home and watched tv and stuff, then we went to church. After church we went to Laurens and caught up with Lauren and Emily. So, I had a good time today because I haven't done anything that I did today in a long time.
Last night I had a really weird dream. I dreamed that I lived in a strange town where all buildings had a glass front, and they were all shops. It was kind of like a mall, except it wasn't. I don't know, if I could draw I would show you how it looked. There were a bunch of 'bad' people and I was trying to stop them from doing whatever bad they were going to do. I had super powers, but unfortunately, they only worked sporadically. This caused me to always have to run away from the people, and eventually it got to a point to where these people were trying to hunt me down. That's all I remember from the dream.
I'm not really sure what this means, but maybe it means that I can (or should) only use my special attributes (I don't know what these are) at certain times, or else bad things will be able to overtake me. Maybe... I don't know. :)
But anyways, back to anything meaningful.
I found this wonderful song, (By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North), and I really love it. I think it pertains to my life a lot. It is spoken from God's point of view and he is asking me why I am looking for everything in this world to cling to. At one point it asks, "Why are you looking for love, why do you search, as if I'm not enough. Who will you run to," or something along those lines.
I think 'Who will you run to? or What will you run to?' is a great question! I should be running to God for everything! That is why I think God is teaching me patience with so much of my life, because he wants me to learn to run straight to him and not cling to anything of this world. All of these thoughts and stuff have really made me happy because I've been praying and thinking about my future a lot in the past couple of months, and I am totally psyched that I am getting to have a relationship with such an awesome God! Where would I be if my life was full of everything besides him? I feel so happy to be growing and to know that all I have to do is place all of my worries in his hands, and love him with my whole heart.
My heart is open for God now! This makes me feel like I'm breathing fresh air and that he has a fantastic plan for me. Every bible verse I have read or heard lately has filled me with a longing to drink in more of him and to place so much at his feet. And I know that everything will work out perfectly as long as I let him be by my side.
I am going to let God write my life story, instead of impulsively ruining the best parts he has planned out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment