Sunday, November 28, 2010

Long Lines

Okay, yes it's 4:19 AM. I am not sure exactly how I end up being awake at times such as these? Maybe I'm meant to be a night shift nurse? ;)

Anyways.
This week has been off the chain! Yeah, I am trying to bring that phrase back. So far, no progress. People usually just look at me weird and ask what that is supposed to mean. Or they laugh at me. So, in case you were wondering, it means that it was really good.

Anyways.
So, I really had a great week. My last exam is on the 9th of December, which I am SO excited about. On black Friday, me and my sisters went to Toys R Us to get some stuff for Colton. The line was beyond ridiculous! It went all the way around Toys R Us, then stretched all the way to Petsmart, then turned and went through the parking lot again towards Airline, and then a little ways back again. Talk about craziness. But, it was actually less crazy than I expected. Certainly no rioting or trampling of individuals. Toys R Us kept it pretty tame. Now I wouldn't touch Wal Mart with a 10 foot pole on black Friday. I personally think it is kind of overrated to go right at opening time. Luke is going to Iraq for a year, (and is leaving tomorrow for training so I am staying home from church to see him go), and he wanted to buy two laptops so he can skype with us. The thing is, he wanted the ones Best Buy had on sale, but he didn't want to spend one of his last evenings home waiting in a line for 10 hours. So, he was just like, forget it. Well, my uncle was at the store on Black Friday in the evening, and he called my dad. Apparently they still had plenty of the laptops available! So, he was able to get the laptops. Short story is don't wait in long lines. Plus Luke found out that the laptops were at that same price online on Thanksgiving day until they sold out. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice!!!! Glad u guys got to experience it! And now that I think about it, u really would make a good night shift nurse!!! Haha ure off da chain. Peace <3

    ReplyDelete