Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's not me, it's Him

It's hard for me to come up with titles. Usually I wait until the end of whatever I am making or writing, then it is easier for me. I hated in English when we would be given topics to write about. It was just too limiting.

I'm writing a book right now and it's untitled. In fact, I won't even tell anyone what it's about! I really don't even like to say that I am, but I like thinking about it and this blog holds my thoughts. I won't say what it's about though because I am free to make radical plot changes and stuff. It will be a long time before I'm done though, because I write in it only every so often, when I need a diversion.

Today I finished my nutrition class and my chem lab. That means all I have left are my chem final and my comm final. Yippee! And I need to remember to check out of my dorm and get a NURSING SCHOOL APPLICATION!

I am extremely tired right now, but relaxed because I know that I don't have another test until Monday night. My mom got another goat and it is so annoying.

Riding back and forth from Hammond really gives me a lot of time to think about stuff. It is kind of changing who I am in a weird sort of way. A negative thing is that it is making me more paranoid about what people think about me, which is aggravating because that was something I kind of got over and now I have this stupid problem again. I over analyze everything about how people react to me, (and I know I do some weird stuff), and it's turning me into a really nervous person. It's really aggravating. So now I have no social skills.

But something a little more important than my lack of social skills and good personality has been coming up in my mind lately. A lot of people who aren't Christians and have completely different lifestyles, (for example: gay people or unmarried couples living together, like Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie) , always say , "Well, just because I don't share your beliefs doesn't make me a bad person."

So how can you argue with that. Sure, they may do good stuff like adopting orphans or whatever, but what is a good person?
uhmm.
Good people don't exist.
We have all sinned and fall short of perfection!
If you're not perfect, then you aren't good and if you aren't good, then that must mean you're bad. We're all bad people. That's what God's sacrifice was for.

God is good. Jesus was the only good person. That's what makes Christians good. It is God that makes us good, and only through him can we live our lives to glorify God.
It's a simple, fundamental concept of course, but I feel like we're losing it. People want to make Christians look like the good guys to the world, if you know what I mean. You can't tell people they are good when they reject God. It's just wrong.

Now, I do not think we should go around being jerks to everyone. I'm just saying that you should never budge on what the bible says. If the bible says homosexuality is wrong, then it is wrong. It says adultery is wrong, so it is wrong. Lying is wrong. Cheating and gossiping are, too. Murder is too. Softening the teachings of the bible helps nobody. In fact, it hurts our cause.

It is almost like legalizing marijuana. Just because a lot of people smoke pot doesn't mean it's not against the law, and legalizing it would be giving up the battle for good.

Okay I'm tired.

2 comments:

  1. God is SO good!!!!
    And what is this about you writing a book?!?! That's awesome!! I wish I was able to do something like that, but that is definitely not one of my talents, lol. I can't wait till you finish it. : )
    By the way, I completely agree with what you were saying. It's always good to be reminded that not a single person is perfect and in God's eyes we are all equal. It just depends if we ask for forgiveness and ask for Him to live in and through us. Then we should live for Him and Him only!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you're writing a book. I've been working on one too, though it's hard for me to articulate what it's about because the plot keeps changing as I get older. And as I have different mood swings.

    ReplyDelete