Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Engaged

So on Monday, January 16, 2012, I got engaged to my best friend, soulmate, and love of my life! I am still floating around on cloud nine. One girl from school said she's been married for six years and she is still floating. Seems there are a lot of people who have wonderful things to say about marriage, and I think that is because I am surrounded by wonderful people! It is amazing how people either have really awesome things to say about marriage or really awful things to say about it. Usually I find most people have a strong opinion either way. I think if you have the right person and you have God, you will develop and awesome opinion about marriage. And for good reason!

It goes back to one of my blog posts. (http://katelyn-grace.blogspot.com/2011/09/basics-of-my-faith.html) Remember when I said God only creates good? Well God created marriage! So how can people say marriage is awful.....? Simple answer! They leave God out of it!! I believe 100% of divorce cases would be prevented if the couple submitted their lives to Christ.

Now, I do NOT think I am immune to problems... I am fully aware of Murphy's law and I do not tempt it! ;-) I realize that my marriage will be as wonderful as I allow God to make it. I am so excited to have found a man that loves the Lord like I do and who wants to walk with us through the rest of our lives. I know that I have so much to be thankful for, and the beautiful ring Kyle put on my hand reminds me every day to thank God for 'my gift' (that's an insider between me and my Matthew!) ;-) ;-) I am obviously still giddy with happiness. I can not wait until we are married and walking through life together, but I will also enjoy this last year at home with my family. I know it is their love and support and the Lord's guidance that has made me the woman Kyle chose to be his wife. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment