Monday, October 5, 2009

30th Post Finally Rolling In...

Well I haven't written in quite awhile... obviously because of what I warned would happen, I'm busy with school. This semester is quite the buttkicker, and though I know I would be able to continue my four point oh, I just don't really care anymore. I am thoroughly fed up with my prerequisite courses and am very eager to get into things that pertain directly to my profession. Another reason why I haven't written very much is because right now, honestly, my life is completely and utterly boring. Seriously. Like I have said, I never get to see my friends that go to LSU because they have had different breaks and of course we can't eat on campus together or anything. And I never see people from SELU because they are all living in Hammond, and I commute. Also, because I live in BR, I can't really be involved with any on campus stuff, which really stinks. Andd I am and probably always will be single, so yeah, that adds up to a boring life. Me and Rachel have discussed this summer about doing some outreach stuff. We didn't know really where to begin or how to even organize anything like that, so we never progressed beyond the discussion stage. Well, this Sunday in church I heard Jen and Kirby are organizing an outreach where we will be able to go to an orphanage and go see the children. I am really excited about that because I feel like so much of my life is lived selfishly and I want to be able to help people out. That is one reason I really want to be a nurse because my profession will be helping people who are at the low points in their life. And even if my patients are difficult, hard to please, rude, or even hateful, there will still be a reward for my job that goes beyond money or personal glory. I don't really come across as the most caring or compassionate person, but that doesn't mean I don't care and I don't have compassion. Same with children. I don't come across as being someone who loves kids and all, but I really do love kids. They make my heart happy, if you know what I mean. I believe they are one of God's greatest treasures and miracles. I just hate how fast they grow up and become assimilated with the world. Speaking of children, I am going to be an Aunt! My brother is going to have a son, Colton David Cowart! I am so excited that we are going to have a little one around here soon. I really love babies and I know I won't be having any, or if I do it will be at least five years from now :( So, it's exciting to be able to experience a little miracle from the Lord. Well, that's my update for now, I am already exhausted and I have a medical microbiology test and my med microlab midterm (both huge tests, very important and hard) which I have not even begun to study thanks to the massive amount of homework I had to take care of this weekend and fall break. If you read this please pray that I do well and that I am able to actually absorb the information I study! Have much more to write about so hopefully Thursday or so I can write about everything else, once I am done with those tests.

2 comments:

  1. I wish that I could spend more time with my one and only best friend; we can be bored together...lol (not possible) :-) I will definatly be over to the house this coming weekend since I will be in town.
    love youuu!

    PS:I think that you are amazing, kind, and very compassionate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOHOO!!! I am so excited about becoming aunts AND getting a new sister : D
    I can't wait to meet Mr. Colton!

    ReplyDelete