Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just call the Avon Lady

"The police all think they are God's gift to humanity and so there fore believe they can do as they please to anyone they want too and should have their power stripped from them as they are becoming a menace to society as a whole."

"This is typical police behavior. The protesters who are breaking the law and smacking windows, are allowed to continue. An innocent man who clearly is not violating any laws, is attacked. I've seen this behavior in Washington, DC on several occasions. Police tactics are enough to give you a heart attack."

"I am 72 years old. I have never been arrested or accused of a crime. However, the police where I live (Phx metro) shoot anyone with little or no real reason. I do not in any way trust the police anymore. At one time the police shot to stop someone--not to kill them."

http://news.aol.com/article/man-shoved-during-g20-protests/419986?icid=mainhtmlws-maindl1link3http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fman-shoved-during-g20-protests%2F419986

All of these quotes were taken from comments about the article from the url pasted above.

I think people are just becoming ridiculous with the things they say about police.

For one thing, people are automatically assuming that all police are jerks who are out to get you. I find that the more spoiled and selfish a person is, the more they don't like cops. The reason being, if they get pulled over for a ticket, they think that they are special and shouldn't get the ticket. So, they have an attitude with the policeman. The policeman, who has been dealing with lawbreaking morons all day, has a sarcastic attitude right back to you. And of course whoever you are, you get all uppity and repeat the story about this big, bad cop who 'abused' his power.

When, in reality, he was doing his job and you were harassing him while he (or she, I guess) was trying to do his job. Now, how would you treat someone who was harassing you at your job, when just about every person who you come across that day is rude, disrespectful, and ignorant.
Hmmmmmm.

Needless to say, I think these people who posted these comments are morons. Like seriously, cops are not all out to get you. And they aren't dumb enough to aggressively push someone down in front of a camera unless there was a need for it. Seriously people, get a grip.

Why don't people blame the idiotic protesters who were causing the riot and confusion? Because it is their fault you know. When a policeman is at his job, he is risking his life every day. A policeman never knows when there's gonna be that crazy person who just pulls out a gun and starts shooting.

People, they go through intensive training for this. They are trained to recognize aggressive behavior or something that might indicate danger for them. And, I'm sorry, but if my dad is arresting a criminal, I would much rather him shoot the guy or knock him out if the criminal is starting to act like he was going to harm my dad.

My point in saying all of this is that I don't have a specific opinion on what happened in this riot. All I'm saying is that, most likely, it was actually an accident. Who is going to purposely shove a guy down in front of tons of people, an action which would make him lose his job and be humiliated. I was, however, disgusted by these stupid comments.

As one intelligent person commented, " If you hate policeman so much, next time someone robs your house, just call the Avon lady, I'm sure she'll handle things better. She'll be real nice to the robber too!"

3 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTER!!!!!!! I couldn't agree more! I know we are extra defensive about this because dad, Luke, and Uncle Ron are police officers, but people just need to get a grip! I mean really....how stupid can you be?!?!
    This a definitely a subject I feel very passionate about, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to put this on my blog too, so more people will see it. You should put this on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read the first few paragraphs I thought you were toting the opposite stance, so I was like: o_0 ...but I'm okay now. Great post.

    ReplyDelete